I-Span Protects Your Opportunity’s Confidentiality!
Here is an example of I-Span Networks Statement of Confidentiality that will help protect your opportunity.
1. The Inventor or Entrepreneur has proprietary information and know-how relating to a certain invention or idea.
2. In connection with the I-Span Evaluator evaluating the said invention for possible patent, development and marketing (the 'Permitted Purpose'), the Evaluator has requested certain confidential information (the 'Confidential Information') regarding the invention of the Inventor or Entrepreneur .
IN CONSIDERATION OF and as a condition of the Inventor or Entrepreneur providing the Confidential Information to the Evaluator in addition to other valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the parties to this Agreement agree as follows:
1. All written and oral information and materials disclosed or provided by the Inventor or Entrepreneur to the Evaluator under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Evaluator. Confidential Information will not include information that:
a. is generally known in the industry of the Inventor or Entrepreneur ;
b. is now or subsequently becomes generally available to the public through no wrongful act of the Evaluator;
c. the Evaluator rightfully had in possession prior to receiving the Confidential Information from the Inventor or Entrepreneur ;
d. is independently created by the Evaluator without direct or indirect use of the Confidential Information.
e. the Evaluator rightfully obtains from a third party who has the right to transfer or disclose it.
2. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Evaluator must keep the Confidential Information confidential.
3. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Confidential Information will remain the exclusive property of the Inventor or Entrepreneur ; and will only be used by the Evaluator for the Permitted Purpose. The Evaluator will not use the Confidential Information for any purpose which might be directly or indirectly detrimental to the Inventor or Entrepreneur or any of affiliates or subsidiaries.
4. The obligations to ensure and protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information imposed on the Evaluator in this Agreement and any obligations to provide notice under this Agreement will survive the expiration or termination, as the case may be, of this Agreement and will continue for a period of 1 year from the date of such expiration or termination.
I-Span Networks - Statement of Confidentiality (For Example Purposes Only)